To make sure that a client’s fishery is well managed and sustainable, Headwaters professionals perform monitoring and research to help better understand each particular fishery that we evaluate. Our fisheries staff is directed by Dr. Marty Brunson, one of the most respected fisheries biologist in the south, in all aspects of our fishery evaluations. We utilize state of the art technology to perform the baseline evaluations which include the assessment of the stock populations, structures, vegetation and water quality to enable us to deliver the highest margin of improvements and the maximum value of each fishery.
The Headwaters fisheries professionals also have extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of lake and pond management and development. Dr. Brunson has facilitated the design of numerous impoundments across the south that include everything from small private ponds to large recreational lake impoundments. Our unique abilities enable us to provide our clients with well-designed and constructed impoundments that can provide the maximum recreational benefits over time. Our fisheries management services include:
- Assessment and management of existing fisheries.
- Consultation and design services for new lake and pond construction.
- Stocking recommendations for new impoundments.
- Population assessments utilizing electro-fishing equipment.
- Aquatic weed control plans and implementation.
- Fertilization and lime application plans and implementation.
- Angler and fishery population recommendations and management.